New to Pilates?
If you have particular injuries or goals to work towards we recommend a pre-assessment. This is a 45 minute 1-1 session (£45) with a Pilates instructor who will:-
- introduce you to Pilates
- guide you through the best practice for you
- give you advice on working with injuries
- check your alignment and posture
- help you understand more about corrections you would like to make
- If looking to attend reformer machines, introduce you to machine use
Do I have to have a pre-assessment?
If you would like to start with mat Pilates, no, you could simply attend a beginners mat class. You would get more from a 1-1 session over a group class but it is not essential.
If looking to attend reformer Pilates (using the reformer machines to add resistance) you do need to have a pre-assessment if you have never done Pilates before. If you have attended 6 mat Pilates classes and believe you have the foundations you could go straight to using the reformer machines in a beginners class. However a pre-assessment is recommended to get used to using the machines.